In this episode we’re back with part two of my conversation with special guest, Dr. Terry Wardle.
- We’ll learn why awareness and attention are key components to living in the present.
- How our brain shifts gears when we’ve experienced something a few times
- The important first step to begin living in the present moment
- How the simple act of eating an orange can help you practice being in the presence of God.
Dr. Terry Wardle is Professor of Practical Theology at Ashland Theological Seminary, founding President of Healing Care Ministries, and President Emeritus of HCM International’s Board of Directors. He is a frequent seminar and conference speaker, and the author of numerous books on spiritual formation and formational prayer. He has been married to Cheryl for more than 42 years, has three grown children and five grandchildren.
Links From This Episode
- Terry’s book Every Breath We Take, Living in the Presence, Love, and Generosity of God is available on Amazon.
- Terry shares more about living in the present moment on episode 6 & episode 7 of his podcast, Slingstones. Listen and subscribe, you will enjoy it immensely.
This Episode is Brought to You By
For listeners of the Our Daily Rest podcast, Audible is offering a FREE audiobook download along with a free 30-day trial of their service. They have a selection of more than 180,000 titles to choose from. To learn more and download your free audio book visit audibletrial.com/ODR.
Red Oak Collective
This episode is also brought to you by the Red Oak Collective shop. A collection of goods designed to be encouragement for your soul. You can learn more here. Be sure to use code ODR5OFF for $5 off your first order of $25 or more.
How to Listen to the Podcast
Here’s a short guide on how to easily listen to the podcast each week or how to leave a review on iTunes (very much appreciated!).